Are you tired of swimming against the stream alone ? Are you numb from being just a number in a big corp’ ? Do you want to have an impact and your work to be acknowledged and useful ? Then search no further, Shippr might be the right place for you - and you, the right fit for this role. 🙂
How will you contribute to the company as an Account Executive
In collaboration with our Head of Sales, your mission will be the prospection and closing of new customers and you will be tasked to hunt in the great playground that Brussels is. Would it be by actively trying to develop new market segments or by creating long-term relationships with new customers, you’ll hone your Sales skills with us.
You have a first experience as sales executive? You speak fluently French and you have a good knowledge of English? Read more!
What will be your responsibilities ?
- Identification of the needs and challenges of potential customers
- Development of new market segments and achievement of defined objectives
- Creation of a long-term relationship with clients and management of the existing client portfolio
- Harvesting customer feedback and identifying development opportunities
- Active collaboration with the Tech and Marketing Team of Shippr in order to align the products with the customers needs
- Help to shape Shippr's future with your vision, ideas and skills
What are our requirements ?
- 2+ years of experience as a salesperson/commercial and/or a Bachelor or Master in Business School
- Fluent in French and English
- Unequalled performance in terms of sales and the closing of deals
- Strong sense of negotiation and diplomacy
- Management of priorities, planning and sales pipe
- Performer with a spirit of competition, a real go-getter
- Objective oriented and strategy to achieve them
- Hunter, you see Brussels as a playground to conquer
What can you expect from your life at Shippr ?
Within one month
- You’ll learn everything about the company and it’s different departments, teams and vision during your first two weeks of onboarding. We strive to avoid silos so you will get a deep knowledge of what we aim for as a company, our culture, processes and what really matters to us.
- You’ll learn the 101 of logistics, our customer studies, our tools and the sectors you will be focusing on
- You’ll learn to sell value and not price to provide the highest quality of service to our customers, familiarize yourself with our different products and their customer application
- You’ll start contacting your first customer according to the opportunity list the company will provide you with
Within 3 months
- You’ll be much more confortable with our products and industry in order to manage autonomously your daily work
- You’ll start to have your first customer meetings, send quotations and close your first deals
- You’ll start to have an impact in terms of company growth and generate your first sales commissions
Within 6 months
- You’ll be accountable for results and achieve your targets in order to make it rain
- You’ll have a deep knowledge of the business and be able to provide insights to improve our sales processes
With the team growing fast, you’ll have multiple opportunities to
- Help recruit, mentor and potentially manage other people
- Increase your responsibilities in your own area of expertise with our continuous learning path
- Upgrade our processes, discover new tools and stay up to date with the job’s best practices to make sure everything continues to run smoothly
We are a fast-growth digital company specialized in B2B logistics currently based in Brussels, Paris and soon across Europe. Today, we are helping thousands of European customers in different sectors to achieve a better logistical experience. We act as job providers for our partners by consistently developing new and better solutions for our app and online dashboard.
Since 2017 and our humble beginnings, we have applied our lean methodology to everything we could, which in turn allowed us to :
- Help about 1300 customers to ease their logistics through our digital products, having an average of
- Make ourselves known as the go-to service for same-day delivery in Belgium and France
- Grow from 5 co-founders to 32 colleagues (it will drastically go up when we finish our current fund-raising tour) and 1000+ partners.
- Evolve from an Excel sheet to a fully fledged customer and operational dashboard and an app for our partners on the road. We built it feedback after feedback to best fit the market need without bloating it.
Our vision, mission and everything we stand for
Our mission is to lead logistics transformation by developing an effortless way to connect professionals to our reliable services, so that companies can focus on their core business.
We are passionate about creating the best technology that enables smart same-day delivery services at scale. We build out and operate the largest network of local logistics professionals that provides companies with the most exhaustive and qualitative shipping solutions.
We believe in smart technology that empowers people to run frictionless, efficient and reliable operations to sustainably solve professional challenges at scale.
We also strive to get our BCorp certification whilst working on two very important pillars :
- Environmental impact : reducing the ecological footprint of logistics by working our way through an ambitious sustainability plan.
- Social impact : developing prosperous working conditions for all Shippr stakeholders, would they be our customers, our partners or our employees.
We deeply believe in our values. It is by following them to the letter that we achieved what we’ve done so far and will help us get to our goals.
What we expect of you :
- Be bold and think big
Be bold ! Don’t hesitate and don’t be fearful of your ideas.
- Step by step, ferociously
We firmly believe that the only way forward is to take a lean approach and have a ferocious mindset. That’s how you bring your ideas to life.
- Look ahead and never settle
There is always something to optimize or to improve. Do not be afraid of changes.
- Be open, honest and transparent
The reason we’re trusted by our clients, employees and partners is that we tell the truth and are transparent about our mistakes and our achievements. We expect no less from you as well.
What do we do to make your life nice and comfy while working
- You’ll have a compensation package based on your level of experience
- We provide great healthcare cover (Alan Wombat) to take care of yourself and your family (hospitalization, dental care, eye care,...)
- You’ll have a meal-vouchers card (Monizze) to eat what you please.
- You’ll be able to work in our office in Brussels or simply from home (except 2 days per week) as we’re pretty flexible on this as well
- You’ll get unlimited paid holidays as we believe that to be at 100% at work, you’ll need to have a good work-life balance
- We’ll provide you with a Apple Macbook that you’ll be able to use for work and personal stuff
- You’ll be part of our company culture where we like to have a drink on Thursdays from 16h30, or participate in our team buildings and hackatons
- A no-bullshit atmosphere. We don’t like to act like politics, the goal is to keep up as a team, not as individuals.
What is the recruitment process like ?
- You'll first answer a written hard-skills test (less than 1h)
- You’ll then have a screening chat with our Head of HR (1h max)
- You’ll then pass a Hard-skills test (written) and have an interview with an Account Executive Senior (2h max)
- Finally you’ll have a discussion with our CEO to check if Shippr might be a good fit for you and if you’ll be a good fit for us (1h max).
We strive to be efficient here, if you pass the 3 steps you’ll hear from us in one or two work days.
We do encourage diversity in all it’s forms and manners, Shippr is doing it’s best to ensure we have an inclusive, truthful and caring work environment. We commit everyday to give the same odds to all of our candidates, regardless of their age, sex, origins or religious beliefs.