Want to be part of the expansion of an innovative technology service company? Are you numb from being just a number in a big corp’ ? Do you want to have an impact and your work to be acknowledged and useful? Then search no further, Shippr might be the right place for you - and you, the right fit for this role.
How will you contribute to the company as a Data Analyst?
You will lead strategic data studies. Your playground is not limited to a specific department, you’ll work to improve Marketing, Operation, Sales and Product. It’s a boredom free environment.
You will also create and optimize dashboards to share data and insights in the whole scale-up. Your position will be key to add value, not only to Growth, but to all departments.
As an expert, you will be proactive on Data technological choices. At Shippr, it is essential to keep an eye on the latest tools, test and adopt them if relevant to speed up our work.
It will be your responsibility to have documentation up to date. You will have a key role in the growth of the team, and clear documentation is needed to work effectively in the team.
What are our requirements ?
- Determinate to make things happen
- Sees data as more than statistics, and seeks to have a high business impact.
- Excellent communication skills. You will need to present your studies to teams that are not always trained in statistics.
- Fluent in English. French is appreciated, but not mandatory.
- Meaningful experience with SQL databases
- Meaningful experience with Python or R
- Familiar with several Data Visualization tools
- Experience working in a high-growth, startup, and/or scale-up environment
What can you expect from your life at Shippr?
Within one month
You’ll learn everything about the company and its different departments, teams and vision during your first two weeks of onboarding. We strive to avoid silos, so you will learn what everyone is up to and familiarize yourself with our common goal.
You’ll familiarize yourself with our strategic vision and our data tools: Google Cloud, BigQuery, Google Data Studio…
You’ll quickly be able to contribute and ship some changes within the first couple of weeks with support from the team.
You’ll get a deep knowledge of what we aim for as a company, our culture, processes and what really matters to us.
Within 3 months
You’ll be much more comfortable in the database and able to tackle bigger projects. You’ll be able to determine strategic needs and lead studies.
You’ll have learned the great overview of our roadmap and what challenges are ahead of us.
You’ll have the time to test our processes and decide if we could change or tweak things.
With the team growing fast, you’ll have multiple opportunities to
- Help recruit, mentor and potentially manage other people
- Increase your responsibilities in your own area of expertise with our continuous learning path
- Upgrade our processes, discover new tools and stay up to date with the job’s best practices to make sure everything continues to run smoothly
We are a fast-growth digital company specialized in B2B logistics, currently based in Brussels, Paris and soon across Europe. Today, we are helping thousands of European customers in different sectors to achieve a better logistical experience. We act as job providers for our partners by consistently developing new and better solutions for our app and online dashboard.
Since 2017 and our humble beginnings, we have applied our lean methodology to everything we could, which in turn allowed us to :
- Help about 1300 customers to ease their logistics through our digital products, having an average of
- Make ourselves known as the go-to service for same-day delivery in Belgium and France
- Grow from 5 co-founders to 32 colleagues (it will drastically go up when we finish our current fund-raising tour) and 1000+ partners.
- Evolve from an Excel sheet to a fully fledged customer and operational dashboard and an app for our partners on the road. We built it feedback after feedback to best fit the market need without bloating it.
Our vision, mission and everything we stand for
Our mission is to lead logistics transformation by developing an effortless way to connect professionals to our reliable services, so that companies can focus on their core business.
We are passionate about creating the best technology that enables smart same-day delivery services at scale. We build out and operate the largest network of local logistics professionals that provides companies with the most exhaustive and qualitative shipping solutions.
We believe in smart technology that empowers people to run frictionless, efficient and reliable operations to sustainably solve professional challenges at scale.
We also strive to get our BCorp certification whilst working on two very important pillars :
- Environmental impact : reducing the ecological footprint of logistics by working our way through an ambitious sustainability plan.
- Social impact : developing prosperous working conditions for all Shippr stakeholders, would they be our customers, our partners or our employees.
We deeply believe in our values. It is by following them to the letter that we achieved what we’ve done so far, and will help us get to our goals.
What we expect of you :
Be bold ! Don’t hesitate and don’t be fearful of your ideas.
- Step by step, ferociously
We firmly believe that the only way forward is to take a lean approach and have a ferocious mindset. That’s how you bring your ideas to life.
- Look ahead and never settle
There is always something to optimize or to improve. Do not be afraid of changes.
- Be open, honest and transparent
The reason we’re trusted by our clients, employees and partners is that we tell the truth and are transparent about our mistakes and our achievements. We expect no less from you as well.
What do we do to make your life nice and comfy while working
- You’ll have a compensation package based on your level of experience.
- We provide great healthcare cover (Alan Wombat) to take care of yourself and your family (hospitalization, dental care, eye care, ...)
- You’ll have a meal-vouchers card (Monizze) to eat what you please.
- You’ll be able to work in our office in Brussels or Paris or simply from home as we’re pretty flexible on this as well.
- You’ll get unlimited paid holidays as we believe that to be at 100% at work, you’ll need to have a good work-life balance.
- We’ll provide you with an Apple Macbook that you’ll be able to use for work and personal stuff.
- You’ll be part of our company culture where we like to have a drink on Thursdays from 16h30, or participate in our team buildings and hackathons.
- A no-bullshit atmosphere. We don’t like to act like politics, the goal is to keep up as a team, not as individuals.
What is the recruitment process like?
- You’ll first have a screening chat with our Head of HR (1h max)
- You’ll then pass a Hard-skills test (written) and have an interview with our Head of Growth (2h max)
- Finally, you’ll have a discussion with our CEO to check if Shippr might be a good fit for you and if you are a good fit for us (1h max).
We strive to be efficient here, if you pass the 3 steps, you’ll hear from us in one or two work days.
We do encourage diversity in all its forms and manners, Shippr is doing it’s best to ensure we have an inclusive, truthful and caring work environment. We commit every day to give the same odds to all of our candidates, regardless of their age, sex, origins or religious beliefs.