Are you tired of swimming against the stream alone? Are you numb from being just a number in a big corp’? Wanna join a young and dynamic tech team and work with the latest technologies ? Do you want to have an impact and your work to be acknowledged and useful? Then search no further, Shippr might be the right place for you - and you, the right fit for this role.
How will you contribute to the company as a Full-Stack Developer
Together with the dev team and the CTO, you will make a significant impact on the life of our customers, carriers, and operators. Our stack is based on the latest technologies like Node.js and React and our infrastructure is on AWS. Our team is composed of passionate developers eager to learn and grow. We take technical debt very seriously and strive to maintain a developer-friendly codebase. Experimenting and improving are at the core of our daily work.
- React frontend with styled-components and Tailwind CSS and Apollo Client for the backend communication.
- React-native frontend using expo with styled-components and Apollo Client for backend communication
- Node.JS backend written in TypeScript and Apollo Server
- PostgreSQL database accessed through TypeORM in the backend
- Redis for caching
- Hosted on AWS
- Github, Slack, Notion, Linear as issue tracking tool
Within one month
- You’ll learn everything about the company and its different departments, teams and vision during your first two weeks of onboarding. We strive to avoid silos, so you will learn what everyone is up to and familiarize yourself with our common goal.
- You’ll familiarize yourself with our different products and their architecture: Customer Dashboard, Operational Dashboard and Carrier App.
- You’ll quickly be able to contribute and ship changes to production within the first couple of weeks with support from the team. No need for months of training and learning before diving into the code.
- You’ll get a deep knowledge of what we aim for as a company, our culture, processes, and what really matters to us.
Within 3 months
- You’ll be much more comfortable in the codebase and able to tackle bigger features and projects. You’ll be able to choose between pair programming and developing features on your own. You’ll have acquired a broad overview of our roadmap and what challenges are ahead of us
- You’ll have the time to test our processes and decide if we could change or tweak things
Within 6 months
- You will own certain parts of the codebase, contribute to architectural decisions, and propose changes to the technical roadmap.
- You’ll keep having a strong impact via iterations and proposals on the solutions you imagined with the product and engineering team
- With the team growing fast, you’ll have multiple opportunities to
- Help recruit, mentor, and potentially manage other people
- Increase your responsibilities in your own area of expertise with our continuous learning path
- Upgrade our processes, discover new tools and stay up to date with the job’s best practices to make sure everything continues to run smoothly
We are a fast-growth digital company specialized in B2B logistics, currently based in Brussels, Paris, and soon across Europe. Today, we are helping thousands of European customers in different sectors to achieve a better logistical experience. We act as job providers for our partners by consistently developing new and better solutions for our app and online dashboard.
Since 2017 and our humble beginnings, we have applied our lean methodology to everything we could, which in turn allowed us to :
- Help about 1000 customers to ease their logistics through our digital products.
- Make ourselves known as the go-to service for same-day delivery in Belgium and France
- Grow from 5 co-founders to 32 colleagues (it will drastically go up when we finish our current fund-raising tour) and 3000+ partners.
- Evolve from an Excel sheet to a fully-fledged customer and operational dashboard and an app for our partners on the road. We built it feedback after feedback to best fit the market need without bloating it.
Our vision, mission, and everything we stand for
Our mission is to lead logistics transformation by developing an effortless way to connect professionals to our reliable services so that companies can focus on their core business.
We are passionate about creating the best technology that enables smart same-day delivery services at scale. We build out and operate the largest network of local logistics professionals that provides companies with the most exhaustive and qualitative shipping solutions.
We believe in smart technology that empowers people to run frictionless, efficient, and reliable operations to sustainably solve professional challenges at scale.
We also strive to get our BCorp certification whilst working on two very important pillars :
- Environmental impact: reducing the ecological footprint of logistics by working our way through an ambitious sustainability plan.
- Social impact: developing prosperous working conditions for all Shippr stakeholders, would they be our customers, our partners or our employees.
We deeply believe in our values. It is by following them to the letter that we achieved what we’ve done so far, and will help us get to our goals.
What we expect of you :
Be bold! Don’t hesitate and don’t be fearful of your ideas.
- Step by step, ferociously
We firmly believe that the only way forward is to take a lean approach and have a ferocious mindset. That’s how you bring your ideas to life.
- Look ahead and never settle
There is always something to optimize or to improve. Do not be afraid of changes.
- Be open, honest, and transparent
The reason we’re trusted by our clients, employees, and partners is that we tell the truth and are transparent about our mistakes and our achievements. We expect no less from you as well.
What do we do to make your life nice and comfy while working
- You’ll have a compensation package based on the market and related to your experience
- We provide great healthcare coverage (Alan Wombat) to take care of yourself and your family (hospitalization, dental care, eye care,...)
- You’ll have a meal-vouchers card (Monizze).
- You’ll be able to work in our office in Brussels or simply from home as we’re pretty flexible on this as well
- You’ll get unlimited paid holidays as we believe that to be at 100% at work, you’ll need to have a good work-life balance
- We’ll provide you with an Apple Macbook that you’ll be able to use for both professional and personal activities.
- You’ll be part of our company culture where we like to have a drink on Thursdays from 16h30, or participate in our team buildings and Hackathons.
- A no-bullshit atmosphere. We don’t like politics, the goal is to keep up as a team, not as individuals.
What is the recruitment process like?
- You’ll first have a screening chat with our Head of HR (1h max)
- You’ll then pass a Hard-skills test (written) and have an interview with our CTO and possibly a pair-programming.
- Finally, you’ll have a discussion with our CEO to check if Shippr might be a good fit for you and if you’ll be a good fit for us (1h max).
We strive to be efficient here, if you pass the 3 steps you’ll hear from us in one or two workdays.
We do encourage diversity in all its forms and manners, Shippr is doing its best to ensure we have an inclusive, truthful and caring work environment. We commit every day to giving the same odds to all of our candidates, regardless of their age, sex, origins, or religious beliefs.